In the Matter of a Complaint Pursuant to the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act
On August 28, 2018, a Discipline Committee Panel of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) issued an Order with respect to a Complaint involving the provision of engineering services without a current license.
The Order accepted a Voluntary Agreement between the APEGNB and a former Member to have the matter resolved without necessity of a hearing.
The Discipline Committee Panel recognized that it is in the public interest, and the interest of APEGNB, to accept voluntary agreements wherein the individual takes responsibility for misconduct and the sanctions are commensurate with the gravity of the offence.
The Order accepted the joint recommendation that contained the following sanctions:
The Association will publish, without names, without geographic reference, a summary of this matter to the membership consistent with the following for the purpose of education:
- APEGNB received a Complaint against a former Member for practicing without license.
- The former Member acknowledged the seriousness of the matter and unreservedly agreed that it was misconduct deserving professional discipline.
- The former Member undertook to conclude the National Professional Practice Exam prior to the end of 2018.
- The former Member undertook to advise the Mandatory Professional Liability Insurer of the Order.
- The former Member undertook to advise APEGNB of each individual client to whom services were provided while unlicensed.
- The former Member undertook to provide written notification to each client for whom services were provided without license.
- The former Member undertook to pay legal costs incurred by APEGNB as a result of the Complaint.
No other discipline was ordered on account of the former Member’s admission of the misconduct and commitment to advising all clients.
Any issues with respect to the implementation of the Order remains the jurisdiction of the Panel of the Discipline Committee. Otherwise, the Matter is considered closed without further hearing.
Paul Rennick, PGeo.
Acting Chair, Discipline Committee
For disciplinary actions before 2018, please visit our online publication: Engenuity.