Meeting of June 10, 2020
At the June 10th virtual meeting of the APEGNB Council, the following items were addressed:
- A new strategic plan for 2020-2022 was adopted and focused on four key areas:
a. Ensuring Compliance with the Act and by-laws
b. Enhancing stakeholder Awareness
c. Demonstrating value to Registrants
d. Modelling good governance
- The plan for the Diversity & Inclusion Committee work was adopted and focuses on three areas:
a. Engaging with youth and educators to demonstrate the value and diversity of Engineering and Geoscience careers.
b. Providing continuing professional development opportunities to members in support of diversity and inclusion
c. Increasing visibility of diversity efforts and evolving representation within the organization.
- Council received a presentation on the Discipline & Enforcement process.
- Council adopted the competencies as listed on the Pan-Canadian Competency Assessment website for use in the Competency Based Assessment (CBA). This is one step in our progress toward using CBA as an evaluation tool for future registrants of both professions.
- Council discussed the impact that the COVID pandemic had on branch community events in the province and the results of the member survey which highlighted the challenges faced by members during this time.
The next Council meeting is scheduled for August 14, 2020.