Council held its first official meeting of the year via web conference on March 19th. The following items were addressed:
- February financial statements were approved.
- Council was advised of the change in date for the 100th Anniversary Gala to October 23rd and they reviewed other plans for the centenary.
- A draft of the strategic plan was presented which focuses on the role of the Association as a recognized and relevant regulator. The plan has four areas of focus:
- Ensuring compliance with the Act and By-laws;
- Enhancing stakeholder awareness;
- Modelling good governance; and
- Demonstrating value to registrants.
The operational plan will be reviewed in detail in June.
- Council committed to supporting the completion of the Work Experience Competencies Online Tool in development by Geoscientists Canada. This tool will assist with new candidates entering the profession and will benefit all regulators across the country.
- Committee members were approved for the year and two committees were stood down: Climate Change and the Public Interest Action. In the future, any related initiatives will be undertaken via task forces.
- Council was updated on the status of the office closure due to the pandemic, and the new process for appointments related to registration enquiries.
All additional enquiries can be directed to our CEO.